Soren has taught me yesterday that some of the bugs I encountered have been properly disinsected by Microsoft, so other than the workarounds I suggested, there is an option to apply the hotfix and forget about that one.
Today, I’ll explain a not so critical bug, as the one yesterday, but depending on what exactly you do with Web services, it may be more than just a nuisance.
Hello, bug #3: accessing WSDL without database-wide permissions.
Continue reading Bug theater in Web services #3
The bug with which I started this series is nothing critical. It manifests rarely, you can easily work around it. It’s in the “so what” category.
But the one I’ll talk about today is a tough beast, with not-so-easy workarounds that cause as much headache as the bug itself.
So, here comes bug #2: setting a date to 0D.
Continue reading Bug theater in Web services #2
If something, Stratus has taught me how buggy the implementation of Web services in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is. Let me be clear from the onset: Web services are a great functionality in NAV, one of the best additions (together with .NET interop) to NAV stack in a long while. But it’s buggy.
Being buggy doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. It only means you need to twist and bend your code to achieve things which you would expect to work out of the box. During development of Stratus, we had to make a series of workarounds in Web services to achieve simple goals, and I decided to share those bugs (and workarounds) with you, to help you be more productive in your Web services based projects.
So, here we go for bug #1: lowercase codes in primary key.
Continue reading Bug theater in Web services #1